Sunday, July 27, 2014

Model turned Actor Ankitaa Srivastav makes her big Bollywood debut with Welcome Back

Hailing from Lucknow Ankitaa Srivastav possessing dreams in her eyes to pursue acting, little did she know her talent would give her the big ticket to the tinsel town? After marking her excellence in modeling industry she makes her big debut with Welcome Back, sequel of block buster hit Welcome (2007). Directed by Aneez Bazmee and produced under Firoz Nadiadwalla Production house Ankitaa Srivastav essays the role of Chandni, love interest of Nana Patekar and Anil Kapoor.


Essaying the role of Chandni and getting into the shoes of Laila portrayed by Mallika Sherawat in Welcome (2007) wasn’t a cake walk for Ankitaa. With high expectations riding on her, she says “Yes! My character Chandni is very similar to Mallika Sherawat’s character Laila. Since she was also Anil sir and Nana sir’s love interest”. She further adds “Keeping in mind Laila’s character portraying Chandni comes with high expectations and I hope I match up to that level. I have to be sexy and smart at the same time with gives it a different edge to my character”.


Sharing the screen space with Anil Kapoor, Nana Patekar, and John Abraham was one life time learning experience for the girl wanting to carve a niche for herself in the big world of Bollywood, the cherry on the cake with Dimple Kapadia playing the mother to Ankitaa’s character Chandni gave her a chance to explore her credentials to the fullest.“Working with legends like Anil sir, Nana sir and Dimple ji was a great experience. I couldn’t have asked for a better launch. Chandni’s character being challenging, from my director to my co-stars everyone was very cooperative towards me and took me under their wings and lent a helping hand to me in order to perfect my role” revels the excited Ankitaa who awaits his release.


Directed by Aneez Bazmee and produced by Firoz Nadiadwala, Welcome Back is a sequel of blockbuster hit Welcome (2007). An out and out comedy film featuring an ensemble cast of John Abraham, Shruti Haasan, Naseeruddin Shah, Anil Kapoor, Nana Patekar, Paresh Rawal, Shiney Ahuja and Dimple Kapadia.

No comments:

Post a Comment